Saturday, January 06, 2007

Irritating

It is really obnoxious when I can count on the churches to tip the least. You go to church on Sunday and they say, "Please give, for God. Please give to make yourself a better person." After you leave for home, they order pizza and don't tip their delivery drivers. You wouldn't believe how often this happens. Now I'm not just talking about the Church "workers". But even the "church goers" don't tip. It makes you wonder: How have they been able to get though life for so long without being a generous person. That kind of karma comes back to bite you in the buttocks. I also have a problem with the people who take out their calculators to figure out EXACTLY what 15 percent is. God forbid you leave 38 cents too much. I like to tip by this method: Find a quick figure for 20 percent...and then add a little more. It can't and won't hurt you.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's best to stay away from organized religion.

Anonymous said...

Definitely a good *tip* -- especially after seeing 'Waiting'.

Anonymous said...

The one who is burnt the worst is a little Cracker Barrel worker like myself. They come all at once at 7:30 p.m. You push all your tables together for parties of 15-20, they want a diet coke and a glass of water and a glass of ice plus bread out before you can get the order in- they order all kid meals (drink included). They all order extra, free, garnishes that aren't included in the meal. They are pushy and rude. THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING. Then when they leave they say you did a great job. They leave one dollar in quarters or a bill tucked into bible tracts asking if you are really saved...which I promptly throw in the garbage...Some do tip well and are good you enjoy talking with. But all in all they make you feel little and run your butt off and then insult you with a crappy tip- if any tip...Sorry- I just got home after the church rush...Allie

Anonymous said...

For what it's worth, I forced myself through an episode of Joel Osteen last night. It's funnier than most movies!

Allie, what do you expect? They already tithe to their church - what, you think they have money left over?

Anonymous said...

I just want to coordinate a shout out for Southern (Weds and Sunday) Protestants. Say yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

It is me who needs the cash- not the 2-story luxurious church whose members take ski trips every winter and mission trips to Mexico every summer. ERGHHHH. I am setting up a collection basket. Praise Jesus!

Anonymous said...

Allie - Mission trips allow them to minister to people's needs!!!! Don't you understand?!!! And what - they don't need a presentable place to worship? And the pastor shouldn't be able to drive a Lexus and provide his/her family?

Amen (head nodding in the affirmative)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's really sad. What hypocrisy. They should be the best tippers since they are supposed to be GIVERS. That makes me sick. Leaving a few quarters a bible tract?????? Ugh.

Michelle

Jeffrey J Way said...

Yeah, it is really sad. I'm not quite sure why that is.

Anonymous said...

I know why it is. -K

Anonymous said...

Does Allie read www.stainedapron.com ?

I was written up at cracker barrel for giving an elderly couple, who were splitting the sunrise sampler, an additional orange segment for garnish on the second plate. I hated Cracker Barrel. I haven't been in one in a very long time.