Tuesday, December 06, 2005

New Obsessions


I've learned something about myself: I obsess. If I decide that I want (or need) something, I have to have it right then and there....no questions asked. When I finally receive said item, I used it nonstop until that part of my brain that decides what is interesting blows up. Take chess for example...very vivid memories of "Chess Up All Night" with my brother...that is...my brother Kel. Atleast seven or eight games a day were played and as a result, we became very good. But sadly to say, after a few years, I lost interest and now only play sporadically. Then there was guitar and recording which I'm happy to say I have still maintained an interest in. After that, Goosebump books...I must have read twenty of those damn books. Today, I find myself reading the very same books that I made fun of a year ago: Harry Potter. Before, I had always viewed these books and movies as a little kid's version of Lord of the Rings...but that is not the case. It was hard to admit at first, but these are extremely good and captivating books that demand attention. For the last week now, I have been telling everyone around me, "Wait for it guys. These books are gonna take off. I guarantee it."


I must cut this posting short for I have a great day ahead of me. Pizza...car....and goodness. Stay safe everyone. By the bye, how many of you realized that in my "Have You Seen Me" posting, I was referencing Kennedy's speech on the Cuban Missile Crisis? A show of hands will be fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you obsess a bit.

Anonymous said...

I am sad to say that it was I, Allie, who fed this insatiable need for Harry Potter story time. What started out as a ploy to get him to take me to the fourth movie by probing him to watch the other movies has turned into a reading frenzy. There is no 12 step system for this.

Anonymous said...

Maybe 6 minute abs would help?

Kel