Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I Will Kill You


Yesterday, Allie and I decided to go to Walmart in order to prep for the camping trip -a week away still- but it's fun to prepare for this stuff. I find I enjoy prepping more than I do the actual event...similar to attending a screening of "Beloved" for the simple purposes of being there, having coke and popcorn (courtesy of brother, Kel), and viewing the previews. As we were shopping, I imagined a bad guy coming after the girlfriend and me. Now Chuck and Richard (biceps left and right, respectively) are pretty strong and can do some serious damage, but just in case, I bought a BB Gun for protection. When previously mentioned robbing bastard comes after us, I will be able to raise my BB Gun at him and slowly turn it sideways, ala American History X guy, and say, "I don't think so, man. I have a gun."

On a different note, I'm thinking of taking a break from music. I get so sick of listening to wannabe musicians talk about how music should be. How talented or untalented they are is completely beside the point. I'm sure some of these people are far beyond me, but why do they have to let every single person in the world know that they are "musicians". It is really irritating to me. "Music is an art that should be expressed fluidly via throat and finger cooperation." !!! I actually hear and read this garbage. It is so nice to come across somebody's Myspace page that says, "Listen, I hope you like it. Thanks." That is so much more appealing than some loser band describing the "vehicle" that allowed them to become so deep into the music. And they always want to describe themselves in third person for some strange reason. When we look at the bottom of the page and it say, "Unsigned", I am going to assume that you yourself are writing your bio. ...I'm beginning to realize that I sound like Michael Savage (not Fred's brother), but that stuff really gets to me. In all honesty, it makes me want to persue something entirely different, like finance. The lifestyle just isn't for me...staying up till morning drinking and "getting into the music" building bonfires, sitting in unbelievable debt, trashing "this administration" as they live off undocumented tips (I do this too, but I at least appreciate that I don't receive much say as a result, and referring to jam sessions as "gigs"....and the sun shining on my face...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Always remember my favorite quote:

"So basically you rented them"

--Walmart employee after completing refund of $100 used camping supplies.

Peace out savage