Thursday, June 15, 2006

Milk Allergies For You and Me


An allergy is caused when an allergen (for a list of other common allergens click here) enters our body system. The symptoms of a milk protein allergy fall into 3 types of reactions:

Skin Reactions:
Itchy red rash
Hives
Eczema
Swelling of lips, mouth, tongue, face or throat
Allergic "Shiners" (black eyes)

Plus, I notice that after I have a milk shake or something similar to that, I feel really sick for about fifteen minutes. Do you notice that too, Kel?


Check out My Myspace for my new song: "Just Another Game". It's fun for the whole family.

On a side not, "Cars" is worth seeing for the simple fact that it is the most beautiful digital movie I've ever seen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff- your non-dairy meal is getting cold....so get off the computer and come and eat...

Also, Jeff failed to mention that a symptom of a dairy allergy is:

wind/farting
bowel movements after dairy meals.

I made Jeff a coffee milkshake and he proceeded directly to the men's room. He didn't wipe.

-Allie

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

Since we're not going to stop eating milk-based products, I have another suggestion to add to the yogurt (something I stopped doing because damn I'm getting chubby!)

Try washing your face with a really light soap 3 times a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner are great reminders!!!!). Whatever the cause, the result is that your body is attacking the allergen(s) in your skin oils.

Also, a light to moderate amount of sun seems to help.. of course, cancer trumps eczema in every study of crap-ass problems.

Anonymous said...

Oh God, I don't know what I would do if I had a milk allergy. Milk is consumed 3-4 times a day by me. That's a complete rash. <- hah.

H