Thursday, August 31, 2006

Fine "Guidos" Dining and Circumcisions

I feel bad right now. For the first time ever, I have left a restaurant having, more or less, not tipped the waiter- unless you call a 39 cent tip a "tip". Let me explain: This bastard waiter at Guido's Pizza in Cool Springs, after bringing Allie and I are initial drinks, completely ignored us for the rest of the night. I spent half of my meal with an empty drink and then had to wait an additional fifteen minutes for him to come by to give us our check. I was nearly to the point of getting up and walking out because of the frustration. It also doesn't help when you see the only other waiter coming to his tables dozens of times throughout your meal, yet you NEVER see your waiter. The crazy thing is that I feel bad about what I did...I hurried out of that restaurant like there was no midnight....even to the point of sacrificing leftover spaghetti that Allie left on the table. As we walked out, Allie said, "Shoot, we forgot the to-go box." "Dammit Allie! Now we can't go back and get it. He's read the note and seen the tip by now. Just leave it."

You might have noticed that I used the word "note". This is because, yes, I did leave our boy a note.

Total=$16.71
Amount Left=$17.00
Note= "We are both servers (I fudged a bit on my part). If you would actually serve your customers, you would make good tips. Thanks for the refill by the way."

As we got into our car, minus said to-go box, I waited for a bit, sneakily watching through the restaurant window. I needed to see his reaction to the advice and the 39 cents. Although I never did see him, I think he learned his lesson. I thinks it is sometimes a chain reaction when a server sees younger people sit down. He probably thinks, "Damn, kids. They won't tip. I will just ignore them and do my side work." We think, "Damn. This waiter hasn't waited on us at all. We won't tip him." ...It just keeps going on and on like this with every table. Someone stop the chain! Stop it, man!

The sad thing is that because of our terrible meal and serving, Allie and I deduced that this white Cool Springs boy is a product of his rich parents and has never worked more than a four hour shift in his life. He also has no work ethic and is a bastard. In actuality, he probably found out that a grandparent had just died and spent the duration of our meal in the back crying. We will never know the truth. Yet, as always, I left feeling like I was the bad one.



On a lighter note, I received my cirumcision form from Kel from when I was a baby. Did anyone notice that next to length, it said 20 and a half. Yes, I'm big. Probably the biggest one in three counties.

No comments: