Thursday, October 05, 2006

Blue Christmas, By: Allie

It is finally October. This only means one thing to me. It is time to start shopping for Christmas presents. Jeff insists that I wait until after Halloween, but I refuse to be broke during the Holidays. Why not spread out all that shopping? Who was the first on Allie's list? Why, Jeffrey, of course!
Disclaimer: I can not tell you all what I bought for him because he checks this site. If you have an idea of what I purchased...don't ruin it for him.
After I bought the present, I decided to let the torture begin. I told him I bought his present already. Immediately he wanted hints of any kind so he could try and figure out what it could possibly be. After a couple of days of being badgered about specifics and me teasing him-- he had a few leads:
1. He could keep said gift in the living room.
2. The gift had some electronics and/or software with it.
3. It was originally priced at $600.00, but I paid about $260.00 new.
4. It is about 4ft. tall and almost 40lb.
5. He had mentioned once, a long time ago, that he might want a....someday.

Naturally, his curiousity was heightened. This is wonderful for me, since he can usually always guess what I got him in the past. (He once figured out over the phone, without clues may I add, that I bought him a Napoleon Dynamite shirt.)

Finally one night after many a guess, I caved in. I told him i would just tell him! Jeff waited in anticipation as my mind wandered for something. I blurted out, "I got you a juke box...Like in 'Happy Days!'" Jeff sat there, mouth slightly open in a half grin/grimace. In my moment of victory, I told him I would show him a picture of it on Amazon and it was sooooo cool. Jeff just pretended to be happy and surprised. Amazon.com is so great. In a matter of seconds I had a picture of a tacky jukebox that cost a little under $300.00. Jeff was clearly trying to hide that he was mortified. I explained that it would hold THREE HUNDRED songs AND it had a four star rating.Jeff started mumbling about how I really shouldn't have done it because we haven't decided what we were doing for Christmas yet. I couldn't take it anymore and laughing, I told him he had been punked. He now thinks it is a grandfather clock. HA!

No comments: