Sunday, October 22, 2006

We Are Go For Launch



If I didn't mention earlier, instead of going into a professional studio and feeling rushed for my cd, I decided to upgrade all of my gear and record it myself.

After about a month of extensive research and question asking, I've gotten everything I need to start recording. It took a long time to figure out everything I needed. The hard part is that I knew what I needed...but I didn't know which one. Take a preamp for example- this is one of the most important items that determines the overall tone of the song- there are hundreds of them. So, I went onto the forums and read and read and read. Here is what I ended up with.

-IMAC; cc. 2 GHZ,1.5 Gigs RAM
-Great River ME-1NV Preamp
-BFD Drum Package (Amazing)
-Pro Tools 7
-M-Audio Project Mix Workstation
-Shure SM-7
-Shure SM57
-Royer 121 Ribbon Mic
-Beyer Dynamic Headphones
-Bunch of Sound proofing for the room

I've also changed the layout for the songs. I'm gonna record two separate cds. One of them will be the quiet acoustic stuff, ala Sail. The other will be much more guitar oriented. Be expecting some cool stuff from the second cd.

CD1: Acoustic
1. Detached
2. Realize
3. Pen and Paper
4. Making Good Time
5. Hard Love
6. Time
7. An I Owe You (maybe)
8. New Love
9. Just Another Game (rewritten lyric)
10. Sail


CD2: Electrified
1. Times Are Changing
2. Breakdown
3. Pave the Way
4. Back to Then
5. Little
6. Who Wants to Fight For Love?
7. Up Too Long
(first ever written song. Gotta be on there)
8. Slow Down


And Don't Make Fun of Me For Having The Word "Time" In A Bunch Of The Songs. It Is A Theme Throughout The Cd

No comments: