Sunday, July 08, 2007

Louvre and Disneyland Paris


We went to the Louvre today. That place is stressfully large. It is almost impossible to take it all in in one day. We were able to see 'The Mona Lisa', 'Madonna of the Rocks', and a bunch of statues that I can't remember the names of. I was especially interested in visiting some of the mummies. We ate at a quaint Italian restaurant tonight and are leaving for Disneyland Paris tomorrow morning. If they have internet access available, I will make another posting then.

Last night, I got screwed into buying Allie a rose. Not to say that I wouldn't do it naturally if I had the choice. My problem is that I had no choice but to do so. Let me explain:

A couple nights ago, Allie and I went to a nice restaurant. An Italian - we'll call him Demarko - came to the table...took a longer than desired look at Allie....and then held up a few roses for me to buy for her. At this point, if I said no, I would look like a loser boyfriend and a bastard at the same time. I told him one (by holding up one finger) rose. He then says, "Not three?". I responded with, "No...just one."

When we finished eating dinner, a second Italian joined in on admiring Allie. His name was probably Demarko too.

So how was I supposed to enjoy dinner knowing that I got conned into buying a rose from two Italians named Demarko? They're lucky that I didn't show them my biceps.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got $10 that you pronounced Louvre with an R sound at the end and Allie had to laugh and then correct you.