Thursday, July 19, 2007

Roma

Buona Sera raggazzi!

This is Signora Allison. I am writing once again to break the monotony. Rome is really very lovely. Today, we decided to go to Piazza di Spagna. Great place! Lots of old buildings ( Villa di Medici....Damon-I think you are missing an "i" at the end of your last name.) We passed the Spanish Steps and didn't even know it...But, we later went back and had a look a them. Not very spectacular...but most of the monuments are like that. You spend all day trying to find them and when you do they are cool for about 5 minutes...then you are looking for the next must-see building or statue. We took a long walk up the street and through a park. We saw Harry Potter again. I know, I know...but it is such a good movie and we needed somewhere to to cool down and rest from all the walking...it is easily over 100 degrees here most of the day and we walk an average of 5-7 miles a day. We also went shopping...alot! In between the very expensive stores like D&G, Versace, and Prada, there were cheaper stores. I know I drove Jeff crazy with my store hopping. I love one store I discovered in Paris and found here called Zara. I bought a couple of cute things. Yet, Jeff never spends tons of money. But, today I changed that. I persuaded him to buy something very expensive. =)
We have five nights left here. It is amazing it went by so quickly. ( 6 planes in three weeks) Jeff and I don't want it to end, but are both homesick for our animals and our families. We have learned to navigate the cities well and have had a bunch of luck sometimes( four star hotels) and other times we have had no luck(walking 4 miles in the middle of nowhere with the sun beating down on us and cars whizzing by--just hoping we are going in the right direction).

See you soon- We love you all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I persuaded him to buy something very expensive. =) "

Oh really.....................

And what would that be and will it fit in a small box?

Anonymous said...

Well you've got me curious now. What expensive gift that might possibly fit in a small box? - H!