Sunday, January 08, 2006

Liege, Belgium



I'm learning some things about these so-called Belgians. One: They really like symbols; instead of writing a word on a sign like us, better Americans, do...they prefer to draw a picture with a guy running down stairs or something along the lines of that. They really like buttons and they don't drink. One may ask, "Jeffrey, how do you know of the so-called Belgians drinking habits?" "Well", I would say, "Consider this. Kel and I had to leave our hotel and go to the airport in order to find a coke machine. Granted, the airport was nearby, but never-the-less, the hotel didn't have one drink machine. Gosh! At 3:00 A:M, Kel and I were slowly repeating five words: "Don't the French drink anything?".

We just checked into the Holiday Inn in Liege where we will spend the rest of our trip. We haven't eaten in about 15 hours, so lunch is in order.

By the bye, Jeffrey ordered his first alcoholic beverage last night. While Antioch is drenched with Chili's and O'Charleys, every single French restaurant is the most cozy place you ever seen...fireplace and all. I love it. Kel and I had a romantic dinner last night..I will include a picture of our view from the table.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful. You are not going to want to come home. Good thing you left trash here. And, good thing they draw little symbols on their signs- I could not for the life of me figure out what that long word on the front was- looks like it had 15 syllabols. (Note to Jeff, please don't write back explaining exactly what the word is and what it means just to be a smarty pants....thanks.) Allie