Monday, January 09, 2006

Lost in Liege Really Late



You don't know panic until you've found yourself completely lost in a city that doesn't understand you. After about two hours of being lost, I thought to myself, "This is the end. This is the end. This is the way the world ends." ....at least Jeff's world. I had hoped that I had ordered a vegetable type pizza earlier, but instead I received the most disgusting tofu soy crap. The only thing during that lunch that brought me comfort was the fact that I had a coke in my hand and that I knew I was better than everyone else in the restaurant (American).

Tomorrow, I will take the subway into Brugge where I will probably get lost again. But getting lost is kind of a good feeling. I associate it with the "Oh crap, a tornado is nearby!!" type of emotion. What people don't realize is that when Jeff is up against immeasurable odds, he prevails and emerges victoriously. Go Steelers a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually watched half of the Steelers game...You'd be proud. HOpefully your adventures tomorrow shall be better. Atleast this one didn't include two flat tires in one afternoon. Allie

Anonymous said...

I am sure you know that the "mom" does not like this story. For heavens sake be careful! Stay in crowded areas! Your dog pooped in MY living room this morning. We are having him in a stew with carrots and potatoes for supper. Love, Mom