Saturday, November 11, 2006

Bastard Week

Do you ever have one of those situations where you feel that you're being so nice to a person, but they are just treating you like you are the most evil person to walk the planet? I've had that with THREE different people this week!

First: I bought and sold an M-Audio Project Mix on Ebay. The winner won it Friday night. On Saturday morning, I tried to mail it, but they closed at 12:00 and I wasn't able to do in time. I emailed him and told him that it would go out first thing Monday morning...which it did. Because he didn't receive it on Tuesday or Wednesday, he files a claim and sends me these emails stating that I am lying and scamming him. I responded with, "Sir, the mail must be going a bit slower because we are nearing the holidays. Here is the tracking number so that you know exactly when it was mailed out. You should have it soon." He won't accept that it is in the mail. He is convinced that I have scammed him and that the tracking number I sent was probably for a pack of "bubblegum". Does the idiot really think that I am going to accept a Paypal payment and then not send it when I know that they can just retract the payment from my account. This is the worst buyer I've ever dealt with in my life. To give you an idea, he sent me an email yesterday stating that he has an "investigator" working on the case right now. It has been 4 days since I mailed it! I can't handle stuff like this.

Second The computer that I brought into Comp USA over a month ago is STILL not fixed. Everytime I call, they treat me like I am an absolute jerk to expect my computer. They say, "Sir. It is stil not fixed. We are waiting on the part." For a month guys?? They are so rude.

Third I sold my ibook a month ago to a girl for her husband who is currently in Iraq. She wanted to pay half immediately, take the computer, and then pay the other half a week later. I really didn't want to do this, but she seemed so nice and her husband had no computer out in Iraq...so I wanted to help. I agreed and obtained a copy of her driver's license, military id, and some other stuff just to make sure I didn't get screwed. It has now been a month and I still don't have my money. I finally emailed her and said, "This is ridiculous. Give me my money by next week or I am calling the police." Supposedly, there was a problem with the money order and it didn't get sent to me. They actually had the nerve to go off on ME for wanting my money. I can't possibly illustrate this more than copying the last conversation with her husband in Iraq. Just keep this in mind while reading: (1) I was so nice to them and gave a computer away without fully being paid for. (2) In a previous conversation with his wife, she apologized for never contacting me about my money. She must have told her husband that she had contact me though. (3) He actually thinks that it is my job to email him every day to get the status of where my money is. When I suggested that it is THEIR job to notify me, he went crazy. This is the classic situation where someone owes you money and says something along the lines of, "Oh, why didn't you remind me?" I hate that crap! I wanted to say, "This is the kind of behavior that fuels the belief that army guys are idiots." Here it is.

jacobraab 7:08 PM And I will get sarcastic
jacobraab 7:08 PM Im going to sit here
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:08 PM I really can't believe you guys
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:08 PM And let you talk trash, just cause we didn't "Update you"
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:08 PM You owe me $400!!!!
jeff_way 7:08 PM Do you not realize that!!
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:08 PM I dont care what you believe.
jacobraab 7:08 PM Yeah no kidding.
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:09 PM The two of you are so young
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:09 PM And
jacobraab 7:09 PM ?
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:09 PM It shows, man.
jeff_way 7:10 PM Instead of apologizing for making me wait a month for money that was promised in a week, the two of you attack me like I'm an asshole. Why? Because I wanted to know where my money was? Because I was worried that two eighteen years old had $400 of my money?
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:10 PM Im not 18yr
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:10 PM Well you act like it
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:10 PM Buddy.......
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:10 PM You have absolutely no right to be mad at me
jeff_way 7:10 PM What have I done to you??
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:11 PM Yeah I do
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:11 PM I gave you a computer that you didn't fully pay for
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:11 PM You get on here and attack money
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:11 PM I was nice to you, you bastard
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:11 PM attack me*
jacobraab 7:11 PM Fuck off
jacobraab 7:11 PM Dude..
jacobraab 7:11 PM You have no idea what you got ur self into
jacobraab 7:11 PM You wanna get on here
jacobraab 7:11 PM and bug me
jacobraab 7:11 PM Because we didnt UPDATE you?
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:11 PM Bug you?
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:11 PM First of all
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:11 PM I was ignored for a week
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:11 PM If we wanted to be real assholes
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:12 PM God forbid that I wonder where my money was
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:12 PM We dont have to pay you anything
jacobraab 7:12 PM For one
jacobraab 7:12 PM there was no contract
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:12 PM Yes you do!
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:12 PM We didnt sign anything
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:12 PM I will call the police right now
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:12 PM Go right ahead
jacobraab 7:12 PM What are you going to tell them?
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:12 PM You really want to screw me over?
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:12 PM No
jacobraab 7:12 PM I dont
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:12 PM Because I was nice to you
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:12 PM Im just saying
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:12 PM Tell me this..
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:12 PM We are going to pay you
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:12 PM what are you mad at me about?
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:12 PM what we owe u
jacobraab 7:12 PM Because man, you got on here accusing my wife and I
jacobraab 7:13 PM About how we didnt contact you
jacobraab 7:13 PM And we did
jacobraab 7:13 PM We did update you
jacobraab 7:13 PM You dont know how to answer your phone
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:13 PM When, man?
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:13 PM or check your voice mails
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:13 PM My phone has NO MESSAGES!
jeff_way 7:13 PM I don't even have any missed calls
jeff_way 7:13 PM Do you think I'm lying? Why would I lie about that, man?
jeff_way 7:14 PM Do you know what your wife did? She got on here and attacked me like I caused her to lose money.
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:14 PM I have no idea. But I know my wife wouldn't lie about trying to contact you
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:14 PM Not until the end of the conversation did she finally apologize
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:14 PM It's totally retarted.
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:14 PM which I appreciated
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:15 PM Yeah well acting like a dick aint going to get you your money any faster
jacobraab 7:15 PM hell calling the cops aint going to get you your money either.
jacobraab 7:15 PM But
jacobraab 7:15 PM we arent going to do that
jacobraab 7:15 PM We are going to pay you what we owe you
jacobraab 7:15 PM and that is 400 dollars
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:15 PM Then why bring it up?
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:15 PM so..
jacobraab 7:15 PM end of story
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:16 PM I don't even know why the hell I was nice to you
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:16 PM I dont know, you want to get all cocky
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:16 PM I've been so patient
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:16 PM about how we didnt update you
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:16 PM Look at it from my point of view....
jeff_way 7:16 PM I have no messages...no emails....and a money order that strangely didn't come to my address
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:16 PM Dude
jacobraab 7:16 PM I understand
jacobraab 7:16 PM Okay
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:16 PM Be objective a bit, man
jeff_way 7:16 PM What would you do in this situation?
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:16 PM All you have to do is ask me
jacobraab 7:17 PM I would contact that person and ask them
jacobraab 7:17 PM Thats all I would do.
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:17 PM That is exactly it, dude!
jeff_way 7:17 PM It is not my problem to contact you
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:17 PM You however
jacobraab 7:17 PM went on a rant
jacobraab 7:17 PM Yeah well
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:17 PM You guys should be bending over to contact ME
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:17 PM Fuck that
jacobraab 7:17 PM Suck my dick faggot
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:17 PM I can't believe you
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:17 PM I aint bending over backwards to do ntohing for you
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:17 PM Why not? I was nice to you
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:17 PM We owe you 400, and its going to get to you
jacobraab 7:17 PM end of story.
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:18 PM I gave you a computer a lot cheaper than I would somebody else
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:18 PM Yeah
jacobraab 7:18 PM well 1,000 wasnt even worht that computer
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:18 PM Just because you were in Iraq
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:18 PM Keys are sticking on it.
jacobraab 7:18 PM Shit was dirty when I got it.
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:18 PM The computer worked perfectly when I gave it to your wife
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:18 PM not a bad computer
jacobraab 7:18 PM But 1,000 seemed over priced
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:18 PM I polished that thing to perfection....
jeff_way 7:18 PM It must have gotten dirty in the mail
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:18 PM Well
jacobraab 7:19 PM anyways
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:19 PM You are so mean, man
jeff_way 7:19 PM I was so nice to you and you call me a "fuckin faggot"
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:19 PM 400, by the 15th
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:19 PM What the hell, dude?
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:19 PM end of sotry
jacobraab 7:19 PM story*
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:19 PM Do you think you can write "end of story" one more time for me?
jacobraab
jacobraab 7:19 PM Sure
jacobraab 7:19 PM " end of story "
jeff_way
jeff_way 7:19 PM thanks


In all three situations, I've been such a nice guy and have been screwed as a result. On a lighter note (but probably more painful), this guy on Yahoo Chess beat me 9 out of 10 games. After the tenth game, he kept saying "Who is your daddy? I am a better. Tell me I am your daddy." I knew I could beat him. I was just getting tired because it was really late. I said, "One more game. If you win, you are my daddy." He then proceeded to sign off and not play me. It is really hard to eat crow like that. I tried searching for him, but no luck. Instead, I thought mean thoughts about him to get him back.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

DR would call that $400 stupid tax! That military guy is a butt punk poopie. You should have told him that he would be over there if he had studied and worked hard.

Jeffrey J Way said...

Yeah, D.R. would say that. Luckily, I will get my money on Wednesday. After I get the money, I'm going to send military boy a message telling him that I don't like him.

Anonymous said...

Ask him if he ever served with Mike Special Ops Rossi.

Anonymous said...

Dude, I am almost positive the now Mall security guard never served to begin with. Not that I give a rat's ass anyway, but it really made my week back when i learned his current profession. - H

Anonymous said...

let me get this straight: you don't think Mike has what it takes to be a member of the elite special ops unit of the US Army?

Anonymous said...

Do you? I'll be down on the afternoon of the 20th to witness the birth of Heather-inspired Kaisa Elizabeth. I hope to see you all there. I awake around 11 nowadays due to a late hour work schedule, so if youre free around 2ish. be at stonecrest

Jeffrey J Way said...

I'll be there. And guys, if you won't sign in, you have to write your name at the end. I never know who writes this stuff. Gosh!