Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Studio Notes

Well, I went into the studio for the first time yesterday (on my birthday). The enginner I worked with, Bruce Dees, was really helpful and worked extremely fast to get us out quickly. At $75 an hour, every minute is a buttocks. We first started by laying down all the guitar tracks in each song and then continued with the vocals...which went surprisingly well considering I'm not very experienced yet. Bruce Dees was so nice that even called today and left a message saying that he really enjoyed working with us and thought I was extremely talented. Funny though- his enjoyment didn't seem to bring the price down at all. But that's okay, it was worth every penny. If you haven't listened to the three songs I recorded, go to Kel's Page to hear them. Considering the amount of time we had available to record (about three hours), the songs came out sounding extremely good. Check out the harmonies around the chorus of "Sail"; it has a nice Simon and Garfunkle feel to it. I could just kick myself now, because I had originally intended on taking pictures of the studio and Bruce so that I could remember my first time. Ultimately, I guess I won't need pictures...they say you never forget your first time. Just jokes..Just jokes

No comments: